In 2021, I want you to think about the world–and yourself–a bit differently.
“Better” shouldn’t be the goal.
The goal should be your goal.
I’m not talking in circles. I’m being serious.
Your goal should be something that comes from deep inside you.
It’s so much easier to look at someone or something else and think, “Hmm, yeah I’ll just go with that. That seems good enough.”
This way of thinking is the safest approach.
But…I hope you’re starting to see why this might not lead to the most fulfilling life.
And again, what happens when you’re faced with the unexpected?
What happens when the rules go away? And when the rules are from someone else’s game in the first place?
You end up in a bad position.
So try something different this year.
Here’s your task to get the most out of 2021:
- Figure out what “better” means to you.
- Write down what you use to define “better.” What are your points of reference?
- Are these points of reference helping you? If not, why not?
- Now write down what you truly value–the people, ideas, and ways of being you can’t live without.
- Finally, consider this: What would it take for you to create the life that is right for you based on what you wrote down during step 4?
This process I’ve just outlined is about creating something out of nothing. It’s not about “better.”
It’s a thought process and way of being you can use whenever and wherever. It doesn’t rely on comparisons.
I hope you’ll use this outline to think about the year ahead of you.
2021 may not be what we expected, but it’s what we have.
Try not to compare it to 2020.
Try to take it at face value.
Create something out of nothing.
Create something that is right…for you.